Are you a licensed architect who speaks both client and consultant fluently? Are you comfortable in the role of mentor but always learning? Do you thrive in a team environment that values professional integrity and technical expertise? Can you juggle with one hand and redline with the other while keeping projects on time and budget?
Then you might be the Architect we’re looking for.
Ascent Architecture & Interiors, is a growing service-oriented architecture and interior design firm dedicated to providing a quality client experience. We pride ourselves on our core values:
• Integrity: Working hard with honesty, ethics and empathy;
• Technical Know-how and Education: Continually advancing our knowledge and keeping our skills current, while helping others learn as well;
• Client Service: Always advocating for and supporting our clients through the process;
• Stewardship: For people, our community and environment;
Our current work includes senior housing and assisted-living communities throughout Texas, California, and Oregon; breweries and production facilities; health care/hospitals; retail; and various commercial projects. We are looking for someone who works as hard as we do, exceeds client and coworker expectations, shares our core values, and wants to grow personally and professionally with our team.
We are located in the heart of downtown Bend near restaurants, shopping, entertainment and the Deschutes River in an open studio environment that promotes collaboration between the Principal Architect, Project Managers and design team.
• Position will supervise one or more design teams on multiple commercial projects
• Serve as Project Architect for significantly sized projects and Project Manager for tenant improvement/remodel projects
• Mentoring of design professionals to help them with professional development and/or their progress toward completion of the Intern Development Program.
• Bachelor’s of Architecture or Master’s of Science in Architecture
• Licensed Architect (Oregon registration not required)
• Minimum 8 years of architecture experience (post-graduation)
• Minimum 4 years of experience managing architecture/interdisciplinary teams on commercial projects
• Positive attitude and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
• Highly organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong design and graphic skills
• Experience with all design phases for buildings up to $20 million
• CAD drafting; Building Information Modeling (Revit or ArchiCAD) a plus
• Code compliance and reviews
• Acquisition of permits and land-use approvals in multiple jurisdictions
• Checking prints for progress, errors, and omissions
• Specification writing
• Construction administration, especially with out-of-area projects
Compensation: Salary is DOE. Ascent offers a health-care plan, matching SIMPLE retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation/personal time off.
Please send resumes and portfolios to email@example.com.