Careers in Architecture and Interior Design
Find your future in architecture and interior design at Ascent
We put people before profit. No, really.
Sure, we work hard. And, like any architecture firm, we have big projects and fast deadlines that require everyone to dig in and get the work done. But we also believe our people are our most important resource, and our leadership team commits to supporting each individual’s professional development and career goals.
That means we don’t hire just to fill seats. Instead, we focus on finding the best people with the skills and values they need to support their coworkers and serve our clients. From the emerging professional picking up red lines to the project manager who keeps all the pieces on schedule and within budget, we know everyone plays an integral part in every project’s—and ultimately the firm’s—success.
We believe a successful and sustainable architecture firm is one that consistently:
- Responds quickly to client needs
- Values its team
- Provides work-life balance
- Uses resources wisely
- Proactively plans for the future
If we’re speaking your career language, please review our open positions and requirements below and apply today!
Current Architecture Job Openings
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is currently seeking two Project Architects who have strong technical knowledge and are excellent communicators. We look for people who exemplify the following values: thoroughness, knowledge, integrity, dedication, and caring. Our ideal candidates thrive when coordinating projects and team members and will uphold the firm’s design standards along the way.
- Master of Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture
- Architecture License
- Ability to work on a team and follow directions, as well as work independently and problem solve
- Experience coordinating projects while managing and mentoring other team members
- BIM experience
- Drafting and production document experience required
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate several projects at once
- Proficient with technology and software, including Microsoft Office products
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, and examples of successfully designing and coordinating commercial projects
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the field of architecture
CAD/BIM Technology Certified and at least one year of experience in the architecture field. A BIM Specialist should possess a basic understanding of standard architectural construction documentation and be open to contributing as a team member in a learning environment by following instructions and established guidelines to perform job functions. The BIM Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator/Architect and the general supervision of a Project Manager.
In addition to the general responsibilities applicable to all employees, a BIM Specialist is expected to:
- Contribute to and implement best practice, software and office standard protocols
- Contribution to and maintenance of software template and file structure.
- Creation of BIM models that are accurate to the project requirements and parameters for the purposes of project renderings, coordination with other disciplines and the production of permit/construction documentation.
- Review project requirements for compliance and accuracy
- Provide coordination support with other disciplines and team members
- Provide documentation support as required to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Meet project deadlines and fulfill milestone requirements.
- Assist team with all areas of documentation production.
- Production of presentation renderings.
- Research of new software for use with BIM software
- Keep current with BIM software knowledge
- Contribute to office BIM Standard Procedures and Protocol
Submission guidelines: Please submit cover letter; resume; three professional references; and at least one design work example via email – in PDF form or an online portfolio – to email@example.com.
Compensation: Ascent Architecture & Interiors offers a competitive compensation schedule and a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, including health insurance, long-term disability insurance, employer-matched retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, performance-based bonuses, ARE/licensing reimbursement, AIA membership fees, discount gym membership, and flexible work-week options.
Ascent Architecture & Interiors: New Ideas and a Personal Approach to Architecture
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is a progressive, award-winning firm that offers client-centered design services for commercial, senior-living, multifamily, residential housing, and custom home projects in multiple states. We strive to create long-term relationships with our clients and team members and are dedicated to providing a quality client experience, as well as a collaborative and positive work environment. Our studio is located in Downtown Bend, Oregon, within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and the Deschutes River.
A Little About Bend, Oregon
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon (population est. 91,122). While big cities certainly have their draws for architects, our love of the Central Oregon lifestyle is the main reason we’ve worked so hard to create a successful architecture firm here. We pride ourselves on designing local projects that help shape our growing community, while also working on out-of-area projects that keep our portfolio diverse and relevant on a national level. We are currently licensed in eight states, and you’ll find our built work in Montana, California, and Texas, in addition to our home state of Oregon.