This position closed on 6/29/2015. However, we continue to grow and are always interested in meeting architects and architecturally trained professionals looking for work in Central Oregon. Please contact us to learn more!
Are you getting ready to turn in your thesis project and excited about what’s coming next on your adventure in architecture? Do you want to apply what you’ve learned in studio and grow your career in a fast-paced, supportive environment? Do you want to work on significant projects but live in a small town close to outdoor recreation?
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is seeking candidates for an entry-level architectural design professional to join our collaborative and progressive architecture and interior design firm in Bend, Oregon. This is a new position within our growing team of architects, interior designers, and design professionals.
What we’re looking for in you:
- B. Arch or M. Arch degree
- BIM experience (required, Revit ArchiCAD, etc.—all our projects are done in BIM)
- A thorough understanding of how technology can improve productivity and efficiency
- Previous office and/or internship experience
- The ability to work well and collaborate with others
- Excellent critical thinking with the ability to anticipate challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excitement for architecture and a desire to learn
- The availability to start immediately upon graduation
- The desire and drive to become a licensed architect and grow with our firm
What we offer you:
- A range of experience on varied commercial project types, sizes, and scope—from 1,000 to 100,000+ square feet, located in Central Oregon and around the country
- Mentorship from dedicated and knowledgeable professionals who are continually learning and challenging themselves
- IDP and ARE support and guidance
- Competitive wage and professional benefits, including a flexible work schedule, health insurance, retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, an employer-match non-profit-giving plan, AIA dues, and ARE testing reimbursement plan
- A positive and collaborative work environment
- The opportunity to live, work, and play in beautiful Bend, Oregon (pop. 80,000), near skiing at Mt. Bachelor, mountain biking, hiking, and outdoor recreation
- A downtown office location near shops, restaurants, parks, urban trails, and the Deschutes River
Compensation: Competitive. Ascent Architecture & Interiors offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, including health insurance, flexible work-week option, employer-supported retirement plan, employer-match non-profit giving plan, overtime pay, and paid vacation and holidays.
Submission guidelines: Please submit cover letter; resume; three professional or academic references; and at least one design work example via email in PDF form or an online portfolio (contact info here). You are also welcome to stop by to deliver your resume in person. We are happy to visit with you and answer questions about the position as long as we aren’t on deadline or in a meeting.
About Ascent Architecture & Interiors: Ascent Architecture & Interiors is a service-oriented architectural design firm that creates innovative solutions for commercial, industrial, residential and public projects in Central Oregon and throughout the United States. Our current work includes senior housing and assisted-living communities; multifamily residential complexes; breweries and production facilities; health care; custom residential homes; and various commercial projects. Our Core Values include Integrity, Technical Know-how and Education, Client Service, and Stewardship.