Position closed 7/1/13
Position: Project Architect or Design Professional/Job Captain
Description: Ambient Architecture, LLC, is seeking a self-motivated Project Architect or Design Professional/Job Captain to join our growing firm located in Bend, Oregon. Candidates must align with our Core Values and have proven experience coordinating project design and documentation, as well as managing consultants and staff. This position requires both the ability to work under the guidance of Project Managers/Principal Architects while also managing staff and consultants. We are looking for a positive individual who works well both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Manage small projects independently; take direction from Principals on larger projects
- Write specifications and create reports
- Prepare architectural plans using BIM software following firm and industry standards
- Organize and delegate tasks to team members
- Management of team members, including interior design staff and architectural interns
- Observe construction in the field
- Respond to contractor questions and review product submittals during construction
- This position reports directly to the Principal Architects
- Master’s of Architecture or Bachelor’s of Architecture
- 3 years full-time architectural experience
- Administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Experience with commercial and/or multifamily housing project types
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Minimum 5 years full-time architectural experience
- BIM experience, ArchiCAD a plus
- Licensed architect
- A talent and focus on design (please provide examples of built work in portfolio)
- LEED accreditation
Submission guidelines: Please submit cover letter; resume; three professional references; and three example of previous design work via email in PDF form to email@example.com. Web-based portfolios also accepted. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Receipt of all resumes will be acknowledged via email.
Compensation: Competitive (based on experience with benefits); full-time employees receive benefits package, including health care, paid holidays and vacation/personal time off
About Ambient Architecture, LLC
Established in 2010, Ambient Architecture, LLC is a growing commercial and residential architecture firm located in Bend, Oregon, with projects throughout the West Coast and Texas. Our work includes senior living facilities, multifamily residential housing, manufacturing, office, medical, retail, restaurants and custom home design, with an interest in sustainable building practices.
About Bend, Oregon
Beautiful Bend, Oregon, straddles the Deschutes River on the eastern border of the Cascade Mountain range. With a population of 80,000, our town offers a mix of urban and rural experiences with nearly limitless recreational opportunities. From skiing or riding Mt. Bachelor to snowshoeing, cycling, hiking, fishing, climbing and horseback riding, Bend is considered a mecca for those who enjoy the outdoors. Combine that with a robust restaurant culture and more than 13 microbreweries, and it’s no wonder Bend is one of the most talked about towns in the Pacific Northwest. Learn more at www.visitbend.com or www.bendchamber.org.