We’re interested in talking to Architects with five years in the field and management experience.
Are you an Architect who’s that perfect mix of motivated, organized and creative? Do you want to join a progressive firm that’s big enough to do complex and interesting commercial projects but small enough that you’ll gain a wide range of experience? Then we want to meet you!
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is seeking a self-motivated and highly organized Architect with 5-8 years of experience to join our team. This is a new position within our growing firm in Bend, Oregon.
Candidates must align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Client Service and Stewardship and have proven experience coordinating project design and documentation. This position requires both the ability to work under the guidance of our Principal and Senior architects, while also managing and collaborating with team members and consultants. We’re looking for a positive individual who works well both independently and as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.
- Manage small to medium-sized commercial projects independently. Take direction from Principal and Senior Architect on larger projects.
- Write specifications and create reports.
- Prepare architectural plans using BIM software, following firm and industry standards.
- Organize and delegate tasks to team members.
- Management of team members, including interior design staff and architectural interns.
- Observe construction in the field.
- Respond to contractor questions and review product submittals during construction.
- Master’s of Architecture or Bachelor’s of Architecture
- Licensed architect with 5 years full-time architectural experience including the responsibilities listed above
- Highly organized critical-thinker with the ability to problem solve and multitask
- Administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Experience with commercial and/or multifamily housing project types
- 8 years architectural experience
- BIM proficiency, ArchiCAD experience a plus
- A talent and focus on design (please provide examples of built work in portfolio)
- LEED accreditation
Submission guidelines: Please submit cover letter; resume; three professional references; and three example of previous design work via email in PDF form to [email protected]. Web-based portfolios also accepted. You are also welcome to stop by to deliver your resume and portfolio and meet us in person.
Compensation: Competitive based on experience with benefits, including health care, retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation/personal time off.
About Ascent Architecture & Interiors: Ascent Architecture & Interiors is a progressive, award-winning firm that offers client-centered design services for commercial, senior-living and multifamily residential housing projects in Central Oregon and beyond. We strive to create long-term relationships with our clients and team members and are dedicated to providing a quality client experience, as well as a collaborative and positive work environment. Our current work includes senior-living communities in Texas, Oregon, and California; multifamily residential projects; food production facilities and retail spaces; restaurants; breweries; distilleries; and more. Ascent believes in sustainable growth and providing a stable working environment for our team, and in 2014 our firm placed 3rd in the Charrette Venture Group’s National Business Plan Competition. Our studio is located in Downtown Bend, Oregon, within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the Deschutes River.