Job opening for interior designer with 0-5 years of experience
Why should you be interested in this interior design position at Ascent Architecture & Interiors? Let us count the reasons:
- You get to work with and learn from our lead interior designer, Lynn, and she’s awesome!
- Our team provides a supportive and collaborative environment that integrates interior design with architecture services.
- We have great clients and fun projects that include new retail shops, hospital remodels, breweries, luxury apartments, and more.
- We believe in supporting our team members through competitive compensation and a robust benefits package.
In this position, you’ll:
- Provide production drafting support to our lead interior designer, as well as our architects and project designers.
- Help support client branding.
- Incorporate human behavior principles into design.
- Select materials and colors.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Balance of design creativity and technical proficiency
- Efficient in CAD program; experience in BIM software, particularly ArchiCAD, is a plus
- Basic sketching and rendering skills
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- MS Office Suite skills
- 0-5 years of experience
Submission guidelines: Please submit cover letter; resume; three professional or academic references; and at least one design work example via email in PDF form or an online portfolio to [email protected]. You are also welcome to stop by to deliver your resume in person. We are happy to visit with you and answer questions about the position as long as we aren’t on deadline or in a meeting.
Compensation: Ascent Architecture & Interiors offers a competitive compensation schedule and a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, including health insurance, long-term disability insurance, employer-matched retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, performance-based bonuses, ARE/licensing reimbursement, AIA membership fees, discount gym membership, and flexible work-week options.
Ascent Architecture & Interiors: New Ideas and a Personal Approach to Architecture
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is a progressive, award-winning firm that offers client-centered design services for commercial, senior-living, multifamily residential housing, and custom home projects in multiple states. We strive to create long-term relationships with our clients and team members and are dedicated to providing a quality client experience, as well as a collaborative and positive work environment. Our studio is located in Downtown Bend, Oregon, within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and the Deschutes River.