We are seeking an Interior Designer to join our team of Architects, Interior Designers, and Design Professionals.
Position closing date: 6/6/14
Are you an interior designer with excellent taste and technical knowledge? Do you have an impeccable eye for details but the ability to see the big picture? Do you enjoy working with clients to create spaces that are both beautiful and functional? Do you want to work hand-in-hand with architects and design professionals to ensure a project is designed both from the outside in and the inside out?
Then you might be the right interior designer for our integrated architecture and interiors team.
Ascent Architecture & Interiors in Bend, Oregon, is adding an entry- or mid-level Interior Design Professional to our growing interiors department. This is a new position within our team.
We are dedicated to providing a quality client experience, as well as a collaborative and positive work environment. Our current work includes senior-living communities in Texas, Oregon, and California; multifamily residential projects; food production facilities and retail spaces; health and veterinary clinics; restaurants; breweries; distilleries; and more. We pride ourselves on our Core Values:
- Integrity: Working hard with honesty, ethics and empathy;
- Technical Know-how and Education: Continually advancing our knowledge and keeping our skills current, while helping others learn as well;
- Client Service: Always advocating for and supporting our clients through the process; and
- Stewardship: For people, our community and environment.
We are looking for someone who works as hard as we do, exceeds client and coworker expectations, shares our core values, and wants to grow personally and professionally with our team.
We are located in the heart of downtown Bend near restaurants, shopping, entertainment and the Deschutes River in an open studio environment that promotes collaboration between the Principal Architect, Project Managers, and Design Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture (preferably from accredited institution);
- Professional or academic experience developing interior design concepts, from initial inspiration through documentation;
- Previous experience with space planning;
- Experience drafting in CAD;
- Ability to present ideas in 3-D, whether through hand drawing or computer modeling (Sketchup or similar);
- Experience with interior and casework detailing;
- Experience selecting colors, materials, and finishes;
- Ability to design material presentation and present to clients;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop helpful;
- Knowledge of lighting design helpful;
- A desire to work on an integrated architectural and interior design team;
- Team player with ability to take direction as well as work independently;
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum three years of experience in commercial interior design;
- Knowledge of basic code and accessibility requirements;
- Experience with complete documentation of interior design, including construction details, casework, and schedules;
- Experience with furniture selection and specification helpful;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; and
- Experience with Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks, or similar.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. Ascent offers a robust benefits package with health-care plan, matching SIMPLE retirement plan, paid holidays, and vacation/personal time off.
If you meet our minimum qualifications and identify with our Core Values, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three sample projects (PDF or URL portfolio accepted). Sample projects should include a description of your involvement in the conceptualization, development; and documentation of the solution. Preferably, provide at least one example each of space planning, material selection and a completed interior design solution.