We’re seeking an architecture design professional to join our growing team in Bend, Oregon!
This position has been filled, but we are always interested in meeting with architecture and interior design professionals. Feel free to contact us any time!
Are you an architect or design professional who enjoys working with small business owners and can manage several projects at once?
Ascent Architecture & Interiors is seeking candidates for an architectural design professional to join our collaborative and progressive architecture and interior design firm in Bend, Oregon. This is a new position within our growing team of architects, interior designers, and design professionals.
This position is responsible for the project management, coordination and completion of drawings sets for Ascent’s small projects. Small projects are defined as tenant improvements and remodels as well as as-built drawings and BOMA calculations for existing buildings. These projects include interior design; furniture and décor selections; and office, retail, food manufacturing and medical remodels. Position will also assist other teams with larger projects on an as needed basis.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Arch or M. Arch degree
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Positive personality who’s able foster and develop professional relationships with clients, consultants and stakeholders
- A well-rounded understanding of commercial architecture and interiors projects
- Ability to work independently in the planning, direction and production of construction documents
- A working understanding of development and building codes
- BIM experience (required, Revit ArchiCAD, etc.—all our projects are done in BIM)
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others, delegate tasks when appropriate
- Excellent critical thinking with the ability to anticipate challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excitement for architecture and a desire to continue learning
What we offer you:
- A range of experience on varied commercial project types, sizes, and scope—from 1,000 to 100,000+ square feet, located in Central Oregon and around the country
- A positive and collaborative work environment where team members are encouraged to engage in conceptual design and design development
- Mentorship from dedicated and knowledgeable professionals who are continually learning and challenging themselves
- IDP and ARE support and guidance
- Competitive wage and professional benefits, including a flexible work schedule, health insurance, retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, an employer-match non-profit-giving plan, AIA dues, and ARE testing reimbursement plan
- The opportunity to live, work, and play in beautiful Bend, Oregon (pop. 80,000), near skiing at Bachelor, mountain biking, hiking, and outdoor recreation
- A downtown office location near shops, restaurants, parks, urban trails, and the Deschutes River
Compensation: Competitive. Ascent Architecture & Interiors offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, including health insurance, flexible work-week option, employer-supported retirement plan, employer-match non-profit giving plan, overtime pay, and paid vacation and holidays.
Submission guidelines: Please submit cover letter; resume; three professional or academic references; and at least one design work example via email in PDF form or an online portfolio (contact info here). You are also welcome to stop by to deliver your resume in person. We are happy to visit with you and answer questions about the position as long as we aren’t on deadline or in a meeting.
About Ascent Architecture & Interiors: Ascent Architecture & Interiors is a service-oriented architectural design firm that offers thoughtful design solutions for commercial, industrial, residential and public projects in Central Oregon and throughout the United States. Our current work includes senior housing and assisted-living communities; multifamily residential complexes; breweries and production facilities; hotels; hospitals and health care clinics; custom residential homes; and various commercial projects. Our Core Values include Integrity, Technical Know-how and Education, Client Service, and Stewardship.